Thursday

November Happenings....so far

So Sawyer's talent happens to be with food. When he is done or doesn't like something, he gets creative with it. He managed to balance a spoon in his bowl standing up and resting on his apple! Round apple, curved edges of a bowl and he did that..hahaha...I was impressed!
He was also very proud of himself.
Now this is only the 2nd time caught on camera I got a shot of his "pieces" He used a pencil to help him eat his roll. Don't ask me why he licked it!
Silly boy!
Now I take you to Brad's hunting pics. :D He came back with plenty of birds to help fill our freezer for the year. With a great hunter like him and a good shot....we save hundreds of dollars that we would have had to spend on meat at the store! I love it!
Check out that seriously FAT goose!! It's HUGE! It's the largest that he has shot.
Ahhh....our first snowfall!! I LOVE the snow. A blanket of pure beauty. The kids were SO excited that they spent most of the day outside and I was inside with the fireplace CRANKED up and toasty warm

Sawyer was unsure since it was the first time that he could actually "play" in the snow. The last 2 years he was too small or it snowed to fast that he couldn't move in it because it was too high.
The turkeys had to jump and run to get through the snow. I only got a picture of the last one. We have around 30 that hang out around here.

Snow angles...of course had to be made!
Jarrin letting us know how deep the snow is.
Plums favorite spot in the house when a fire is burning!
One of our projects during the break was to poke whole cloves into the oranges and let the kiddos make any design that they wanted.




Here are the finished oranges. Keeley's, Jarrin's and Sawyers{Moms}
He was so cute and he wanted his picture taken so he could see it on the camera.
The kids love to sit and watch the fire, plus they get to warm up too!
This is his" I know I am not suppose to, but I will see what I can get away with" look!!! Little stinker!!
He is looking at Keeley in this one waiting for her to see if she will notice that he is messing with her orange.
Okay, so he got away with it and then when he tried to pull out the cloves...I spoke up. :D
Now maybe I will try Jarrins.....hahahaha....see the pattern?
We then make turkeys with Oreo cookies, mini m&m's and candy corn plus frosting for the beak and the feet. We of course waited for Sawyer to be napping before we attempted this one or else there wouldn't be any candy left. They had to much fun....and what started out as turkeys soon turned in to aliens and such. hehehe

Keeley had frosting lipstick on. Looks pretty gross....hehe




Oh the fun we have during holiday times!! We have had such a great relaxing time this Thanksgiving week that I am not ready to go back to school on Monday!! Oh well, Christmas break is coming up soon!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the clove orange idea, I think we'll do that today. And if we'd done the cookie turkeys, ours totally would have turned into aliens too, Connor would have made sure of it!

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

What a fun month. That Goose is huge. Those look like some yummy turkeys.

Unknown said...

Love the hunt, love the oranges, love the candy turkeys, and love you guys and miss you guys soooo much. oh and love all the other pictures too!!