Friday

Sawyer Elias Brown is FINALLY here!!

Sawyer Elias Brown~~~Born April 15th 2008 at 8:33 am~~~8lbs 15oz~~~22 1/4 long

So this is his birthday story!
It was 3 am that morning that I woke up not being able to sleep anymore when I realized that I was starting contractions! I thought oh boy here we go again! ( You really do forget, until it starts again, the true intensity of labor) So I sat at the end of the bed and did my counting to see how far apart they were. 7 minutes...so I thought I would let Brad sleep a little and make sure it was true labor before calling the Midwife to come over, until it went to 2 min in about 4 contractions, so my Midwife had told me to call her early because she needs and hour and a half to get here from her house, so I called her and then woke up Brad! So while we were waiting for the Midwife we were looking outside in amazement that it was snowing like crazy!! So the midwife got there at around 5am and by then 2 inches of snow on the ground. She thought I would only be at 5cm because I was still breathing easy and chatting away , but Brad said nope bet shes a lot farther along like an 8 or 9.....and much to her amazement he was right an 8!! YEAH I thought, almost there and done!! So we filled the tub and I got in about 7am after she broke my water!! And there I went! Water Births are my favorite( as I have had one with all my kids) It's so relaxing and soothing! I highly recommend it!

This is my Midwife Beth,who also delivered Keeley, and I hanging out waiting. She is the sweetest woman!! LOVE HER!!
I really wanted the kids to be there for the Birth as I have prepared them with what happens and why, due to Jarrin's huge interest and curiosity to know and understand everything, especially about the baby and how it is brought into the world.

They were awaken by my good friend Holly, that helps at my births, around 8 am - The Final Stage- they were so quiet and so amazed. They were holding my hand telling me to breathe and to push! It was so wonderful. Once they saw the head they were already so thrilled and excited! Nothing fazed them( thankfully I am not a loud birther) they weren't scared and just softly asked questions to the Midwife and were so happy to see the baby come out! I could already see the bond between them just by having them there with us as a family!! Once I announced that it was a Boy, Jarrin and Keeley were smiling and dancing around in excitement!!
As soon as he was given to Brad after I held him for a while, the kids just couldn't keep their hands off of him!! As Beth was checking him out, wherever her hands weren't, Jarrins were!! He is the sweetest, most sensitive boy ever!! He wouldn't let Sawyer out of his sight!! Keeley is also very sweet and nurturing, but when she's done, she's done, and she got all she needed and just sat and watched and admired her new brother!!
Brad was especially thrilled to have another boy! It also is amazing that for my wonderful hunting husband we seemed to have amazingly had all three children on a yearly outdoor-hunting day/event. Jarrin was born on the Big Horn Show day, Keeley was on the Duck and Goose Calling Contest Day( which is Brads passion-duck and goose hunting) and now we had our lovely Sawyer on opening day of Turkey Season! What are the odds!! I told him you wanted outdoor hunting buddies and I'm giving them to you! He's one happy, and tired Daddy!!
Jarrin and Keeley took plenty of turns holding Sawyer his first day!!


Overall it was a great Birth experience! I was so very happy when all the pain was done! I am feeling great and can't wait to get out and about tomorrow !! We are all so happy and thankful to Our Father in Heaven for everything going well and sending us such a wonderful, perfectly healthy baby boy to be in our family!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh!!! he is sooooo yummy!!! I am so glad I got to be here close and help you out... I love is little cry!!! what a sweet sweet boy!!! fun fun fun~!! see you soon!

Ponczoch Family said...

What an amazing birthing story. Good for you for being a quiet birther, and what an experience for your children. Little Sawyer is adorable, and already looks like he belongs... his features look so much like your other childern. Congratulations!

Jess said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! He is adorable!! I'm go glad you called me to tell me. I've been checking your blog anxious to see pics. I loved the story of his birth. You're blessed to have them so quick and easy. You have a beautiful family! I will try and call you tomorrow!

Brooke Bennett said...

Congrats! He's so cute!

Bethany said...

Yay! I was guessing you'd had your baby since it'd been so long since your last post. Congratulations! He is darling! And I can't believe how much he looks like Jarrin and Keeley. That's so neat they got to experience the birth. They're so sweet.

I love that you do water births. Everyone I've heard of that's done them love it. I'll have to talk to you about them when I'm pregnant again.

Oh, I also love the name! Very cute!

Unknown said...

hey i tagged you...