Wednesday

The Hardest Thing About Being A Parent




So I've decided that the hardest part about being a parent is not being able to fix your child when they're hurt or sick!

Jarrin and Keeley had a cold about a week and a half ago and then I got it and then as we were getting over it our poor Sawyer started to get it. I thought it wouldn't get that bad because he's being Breast fed but I was wrong. He started to cough and get congested but nothing could get sucked out of his nose or coughed out. I thought it was just a bad cold like the rest of us until he started to get a fever and wasn't eating and was lethargic. ! :( I know that babies under 2 months should not get fevers unless it is serious. So I called the nurses 24 hour line at 10:30 pm and she had me put the phone up to Sawyer and listen to him breathe, then she said to get him in right away! Talk about instant tears! Brad and I immediately started saying prayers and we called Papa over to help with a blessing before I took off to the hospital. It was a very hard thing seeing Sawyer getting blood drawn from his little, tiny arm :( and a catheter put in only to get a few drops from my baby who hasn't eaten much a day! So sad!! They were worried that he might be getting pneumonia because he sounded so awful and he had a fever. BUT thankfully he just had a slight infection and he's getting a round of antibiotics! Much better than pneumonia! It was a hard and stressful night, as we were there till4 am! It's so hard to see your baby so sick! He's doing better now though! I am so thankful for prayer and the priesthood in our home!!

1 comment:

Ashlie Bischoff said...

That IS the hardest thing ever! They are so helpless. Kamryn had a bad fever/cold when she was less than 2 months old and had all sorts of tests done and blood drawn too. It is SOO hard to watch! She had a blood infection. I'm glad he's doing better! Sorry you had to go through that!