Thursday

Jarrin's First Day of Kindergarten

What a wonderful day! I am so weirded out that I actually have a child in Kindergarten! He's has grown up so fast. I really am so excited for this new step in his life! We got up Tuesday morning and Jarrin came into the bathroom where I was getting ready ,before he woke up, and said "Mommy my tummy doesn't feel very good" so I asked him if it was hungry hurt or a sick hurt. He told me it wasn't either. That's when I knew that "feeling" was a new thing for him. He was nervous!!!:) It was the cutest thing ever to teach him why he had such a funny feeling in his tummy! I love it!! He didn't eat much breakfast and he was ready to get into the car 30 minutes before we had to leave! On our way there he was so excited until we got into the parking lot....then he expressed that his tummy felt really icky and nervous! So Brad and I reassured him that it would be okay and that he was going to love it!

This is before school. He was so happy to be finally old enough to go!
He held do tightly to Brad's hand down the hall!
He thought it was really cool that the table had his name on it where he was to sit...AND he even got a name tag to wear!! He was getting less nervous!
He gets to be in morning kindergarten with his friend from church Issac and his locker was right next to his. can you believe how short Jarrin is next to his friend? :) Issac actually lost his loose tooth the first day by banging his face on the playground! What a first day to remember!!
This little guy is he neighbor at his table!
So we went into his classroom and had a brief visit with his teacher, Mrs. Bartelle, who might I add is a beautiful lady....ask Jarrin ;) She looks like a Barbie! , and then we kissed him goodbye and left. AND THERE WERE NO TEARS ! I actually am just so happy that he gets to start the next phase of his life!

When I came to pick him up he was so happy and couldn't wait to tell me everything! He said he was nervous until his teacher started to teach him and them he was just fine! He is excited everyday to go back to school the next day! He was even more excited that he had homework to do! ( I wonder how long that is going to last) :)

Now Keeley has missed him even though it is only a few hours in the day but I am sure she will be just fine. We play "preschool" when he is gone! She has been more open to learning from Mom since she wants to catch up to her brother. So whoo hoo!! It's been a great week of newness !

4 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

That is toooo cute!!....and so exciting! I can't believe Kambria will be going to kindergarden next year! Time goes by so fast!

Sariah said...

Awww, those are way cute pictures of him. I didn't know they had lockers in kindergarden. thats weird for me. I miss you guys sooooooooo much!!!!!!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

oh that is soooo cute!!! I am so happy for him!!! i wish I could be there!!! that is so awesome that she wants to learn from you too!

Marangatang said...

I remember Kindergarden. Seems like sooooo long ago! I'm glad he's so excited to be in school though, he's such an awesome kid I'm sure he wont' have any trouble at all finding friends.