This was Jarrin's requested cake this year mostly due to the cake set of towers and such for a princess cake, that also pictured a really cool " boy castle"on the box, that Grandma White had given to me for Christmas. I was trying to figure out for the longest time how to do this w/o using the fondant for decorating that it showed on the box( which I think is horrible tasting, not to mention difficult and time consuming to work with) when I thankfully remembered about that cool "rock candy"! I was saved! Oh and never get the pre-made squeezable frosting in the soft tubes( I used it for the blue mote) it is beyond yuck tasting!! The knight set was at Micheal's which also helped!! Jarrin loved it and it turned out better than expected.
The boys at the party thought this was the coolest part. The knight vs. dragon fight!!
I thought Jarrin was old enough to have a little tease with the candles this year!! He blew the trick candles out and sat in confusion when they lit back up! :) Blew them out again and then....
His friends by the 3rd and 4th time were in hysterics and Jarrin and his friends blew with all their might !! I was well pleased with my decision!! It was a huge hit! Brad then proceeded to take the candles out before we ended up with a cake fun of saliva spray!!
The kids all got homemade knight armor( Silver plastic tablecloth cut in sections with a hole for their heads and a printed animal crest on the chest! ) It was fun, we just used duck tape to make the belt around the armor to keep it on!! My mother-in-law told Jarrin she really liked his costume and Jarrin said "THANKS NANA .....I'M A NIGHTMARE!!!!" We all lost it!! It took all night to remind him he was a Knight , not a nightmare!!!It was all around a great party, but Oh BOY! these things get crazier every year older they get!! The moment the kids showed up it was a running, balloon bashing race around the house, and up and down the stairs! Good thing Keeley's birthday is in the summer!! EVERYONE OUTSIDE and have fun!!



4 comments:
yay! His birthday was so fun! Love your creativity! you will have to help me with my kids birthdays all the time!
That's the coolest cake I've ever seen! I don't know if I've ever made a cake. Seriously. Not even one out of the box. We always go to Bran's parents for bdays and she makes one. I guess I should start!!
Great cake! I'm amazed. Grandma would just love it!
Wow! You are so creative! I love the cake and the knight costumes!
Post a Comment